View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

It takes next to no time to post a comment. This is what I just posted. It would be a good idea NOT to copy this verbatim.

"I am dismayed by the proposed actions under Alternative "B." This course of action is in some ways akin to removing the users entirely from the resource. If you are underway or drifting no problems, just don't anchor or moor in one place. The hand full of moorings proposed don't seem to be adequate to address current user needs. Banning anchoring near sea grass areas particularly around Stiltsville is in effect banning of traditional access to this area that has gone on for many decades. Far longer than this area has been designated as a Federal Park. There are existing laws protecting sea grass and enforcement actions against harm to them. Why not let this serve as intended without further curtailing access to this unique area. Regarding drunken operation, poor behaviors in these areas, why not just have concentrated enforcement sweeps. I believe the word will get out and in an effective way.

PLEASE PURSUE ALTERNATIVE "A" AND NOT ALTERNATIVE "B" WHICH IN EFFECT REMOVES USERS FROM AREAS ENJOYED FOR OVER 80 YEARS! USE EXISTING LAWS TO MAINTAIN ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR IN THESE AREAS.

Thank you"

Please copy your replies here to so as to help others with their comments. Help get the word out, email, repost this on other forums, tweet it, facebook, whatever, just help us to help ourselves!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 08-24-2010 at 02:51 PM.