View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:27 PM

Post Rules and Requirements, waver

Rules and Requirements

Competitors take part in all races at their own risk. The Organizing Authority or any of their officials or representatives or the sponsors, volunteers and staff is not responsible under any circumstances for any damage, loss, or injury either ashore or on the water either to persons or equipment, which may result. Participation in this downwind/race is at the sole discretion of the rider and at his/her own risk.

All riders must be of advanced kiting abilities. Riders must be able to go upwind, self launch and self rescue. Riders also should be comfortable riding in rough seas with high winds and choppy conditions.

Safety leashes must be worn in such a manner that the kite depowers fully on release of the bar.

Riders must be in good physical condition and able to complete the race which will take between 1 and 3 hours in a difficult riding environment.

It is the sole responsibility of each competitor to decide whether or not to start or to continue the race and to provide for his/her own safety.

Riders are encouraged to take money for a cab

Riders must complete and return liability waiver by the last week of November, or the day of the race, 2 hour prior to designated downwind starting time for sign in.

Riders must pay $35; this is going to be put in a pot to be given as prizes.

Riders will be considered registered once liability waiver is returned and $35 dollars
Donation has been sent.

The downwind/race is scheduled to take place during the month of December 2009. Riders will be given 72 hour notice, via email, of expected start time. Confirmation of start time will be emailed to racers 36 hours before race start.

Acceptable weather conditions are listed as 15-35 knots of wind from the following directions: Fort Myers to Naples NW, WNW, & W, Naples to Fort Myers sse ,sw

all attempts will be made to hold downwind on a Saturday, or Sunday. Refunds will NOT be issued for rider’s inability to be present on downwind date.

Downwind course is set from Fort Myers to Naples pier and is approximately 25 miles in length.

Our goal is to do the race from Fort Myers to Naples but the wind will decide which way we go, but regardless to this there will be an event due to our plan A, B
plan A: fort Myers to Naples start at, 3040 Estero Blvd
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-3610
(239) 463-6139,,,,,map http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...I6fkygTzjvS1Ag
End at Naples 7ave south

Plan B: Naples to fort Myers race start at: 7 ave south and end at: 3040 Estero Blvd
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931-3610
(239) 463-6139

Their will be a MENS, WOMENS category 100% donation will be returned to the riders (donation go to rider prize and race t-shirts)

Equipment check
We recommend to all riders to check your gear
Bar-lines- quick release (safety first)
Kite-bladders- pig tales
Leave your kite inflated over night
Board straps and fins
Wet suit (in a cold front Naples is not very hot)
Camel bag, knife,
Helmet and vest
Phone and money for a cab

Naples downwind/race registration and waver

Riders will be considered registered once liability waiver is returned and $35 dollars donation has been sent. Send to wind stalkers kite boarding Inc, 28171 Barstow dr, Punta gorda 33955, cash please
NAME___________________________________AGE______DA TE____________
DRIVERS LICENSE #____________________________STATE________________
ADDRESS_________________________________CITY______ ______STATE____
ZIP_____________PHONE_____________________
EMERGENCY CONTACT___________________________________________ ____
RELATIONSHIP______________________PHONE___________ _______________
SIGNITURE_________________________________________ ___
WITNESS___________________________________________ ___
Important to Sign registration x Parent or guardian signature in case of a minor x minor name and age x
Liability Release / Hold Harmless Agreement
1. I acknowledge possible serious injury or even death during this downwind/race___
2. I have been warned of the possibility of serious injury or death while participating
In this downwind/race and I fully accept the consequences.___
3. I acknowledge this event is extremely dangerous.___
4. I acknowledge that this downwind/race will be held in the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico where risk of shark
Attacks, jelly fish stings and injury or death may occur from aggressive marine
Life, marine vessels or acts of god is very possible.___
5. I acknowledge responsibility for anyone I injure or property I damage during this downwind/race.___
6. I acknowledge this downwind/ race will be one of the most extreme and dangerous things I
Have ever participated in and I still insist on participating even after reading and
Initialing all of the listed warnings.___
7. I will release hold harmless and all liability to wind stalkers kite boarding inc, Enrique gianello,
Naples and Fort Myers county its officials, event sponsors and staff.___
8. I will not rely on anyone but myself and equipment for the race.___
9. I sign this liability release and hold harmless agreement with no mental
Reservations and certify that I am sound of mind.___
10. I certify that I am 18 years of age or older.___

Important to sign waver Sign______________
iko instructor #3301
Naples kite boarding lessons , gear , kite trip , rentals
http://www.naplespaddleboardingrentals.com/
Naples paddleboard rentals-kayak tours -summer camp -meet up -news
http://www.naplespaddleboard.com/

naples,marcos island,bonita beach,san carlo, fort myers