View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 1
Not sure yet but would like to do a Boarder X. Maybe at Bahia Honda State park and camp there for the weekend, anyone interested? Neil
Hey Neil,

Bahia Honda would be a great venue for riders and spectators. I have also heard that the State campgrounds in the Keys book out about 4 months ahead. I just called and apparently it is now booked out about 11 months! Does anyone have an in that could get us in there sooner?

As a possible alternate that we could try to pull off this season, I was thinking that you see all these small mom and pop hotels on the Straits side of the Keys. Many of these have nearshore shallows and sandbars. We could try to take one of those over with bookings for a weekend in the near future and have the event off their property?

Also, there are sections of vacant property bordered by resorts/bars in places. We might be able to setup off the vacant area to try to avoid hassles and have the spectators at the adjoining developed area.

Other ideas out there? It would be great to pull this off this season. You are doing an incredible job of organizing these boardercross races Neil!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi