View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Frank,

This kite isn't setup for reride leash attachment, so the leash was attached just above the chicken loop but below the bar. It should have depowered but didn't, as I said likely due to a tangle. As with so many other accidents, avoidance is the best approach. When you're in the thick of it, things may not work as intended because ...? Lots of reasons.

I can recall cases of old traditional C kites in which excessive looping disabled reride leash depowering. There have also been some cases involving flat kites in which looping disabled the ability to depower simply by pushing the bar out. Yes, really do appreciate helmets, that is perhaps twice I benefited by having one on aside from loads of lesser impacts. I feel sorry for the guys that don't wear them, a percentage of which will find a need someday the hard way.

Thanks, but I feel pretty lucky to have come off so lightly, so no serious regrets (other than the dumb mistakes). At least as long as the soft tissue situation heals quickly, ha!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi