View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg meintjes View Post
I have seen a few solo landing,s go wrong , I never do them due to the road being so close, the safest way to self land is put the kite in the window ,on the water, DISCONNECT leash, unhook holding the chicken loop, reach over grab O shit handle and then let go of chicken loop.

Controlled self landings on the beach when you are grabing the center line and trying to get the kite to fall flat on it,s leading edge are unsafe in the fact that there are too many unforseen scenarios eg. a dog which happens a lot down here runs through your lines causing the kite to flip up and then power up, I am also amazed that people still try and self land when there are other kiters that can help them land.

Greg
Yes, your launch and perhaps Ft. Lauderdale are likely two good examples of launches to avoid solo landings. There is so little room, buffer space between the water and the powerlines and the road. Not all kites have O'Shit features, so you can't always rely upon that. All kiters should be on the lookout to help guys land. The butt you end up saving, by example, may be your own someday.

More about this launch and precautions at:
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=5813

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi