View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:19 AM

I can't believe that anyone is surprised by this closing. Look at any thread about Hobie and tell me you didn't see it coming. There are really a handful of people that were directly responsible for this and a very large handful of locals that simply left the "enforcement" to a few of us that care about access at this location.

Teaching and riding close are the two largest offenses at Hobie. The management there asked all of us many times to police ourselves. We put their request of via this forum and others, but anyone trying to protect the area genarally got bashed.

Do you think Patrick's photos of the idiot riding on the inside were too harsh now? We should have left them up and fired the idiots that couldn't control themselves.

For those of you that are so against the rules of Matheson and Crandon, I guess you can see now why they are needed. It's just too bad that Hobie wasn't viable financially so that someone could have taken control and managed the area before this happened.

I agree that the stuff Big Kite put up with the "fingers" toward the county are exactly the type of actions that put us in this position. We all need to learn to ride "right" and act "right". The majority of us are not hot heads and idiots, but posts like Big Kites and others make us look like meat heads. As Rick and I know, park management often look at these sites for info on our sports...

Last edited by kent; 05-17-2011 at 01:53 PM.