View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Skyway Scott

Yeah, I have the 130 Flexi (by 40).

It's got the most low end/fastest to plane of any board that size I have ridden.
It's one reason I got it, actually. I use to have a Super Phatty board (132 by 46). This board makes that board OBSOLETE in the range I use to use it (11 to 15 knots). The Super Phatty just stays in the garage now.

At my weight, (155) I am fully powered on the 15m Hyper in 13knots, no worries. 11 knots is do-able and I can easily hold ground, but I use my Glide in sub 13 knots because I really value being able to go upwind of everyone (stay out of trouble, in other words).
The 15m Hyper has more power than most kites, don't forget that factor.
Unimog Bob can attest to the board's low end and others have demoed it as well and liked it.
Billy let me demo his and I bought one that day.
I don't usually get that excited over a board, btw. But his was so good (for my style and preference) I literally ordered it right there off the beach.

Every one has a preference and I understand that. Some prefer the 132/138 UG's (my last board) but for me, I simply love the 130 Flexi. Anyone that has known me for years knows I was the unofficial UG pimp here (long before WSW carried them). So for me to hop off of UG in favor of Flexi says something about how I feel about this board. Again, it's rider preference, but I prefer the Flexi.
Once you take the low end into account, I think it's the (or one of the) best 130 by 40 boards for our conditions. (that's why I got it )
It's kinda ugly, just sorta brown, but who cares?

The board is exceptionally fast has and very little drag, I think this is why it is has such good low end.