View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 AM

Last Friday we received our first shipment of 2014 Cabrinha Kites. I immediately went down to the ocean and flew the new 12m Switchblade. The winds were lite but I was able to make a couple of runs on with a 5"10" surfboard. Here is some first impressions.
- Self Launching the kite off the beach was easy in 11 gusting 14mph winds.
- Turning the kite felt really nice and direct. This is probably due to the removal of the pulleys on bridal and the lower V on the front lines.
- The new bar was easy to adjust. I set the leader lines to the widest point while the kite was flying.
-The Kite was rock solid when inflated and looked really well built.
-The bar pressure was about the same as the 2013 kite. But the wind was lite so it was hard to gauge.
-The kite felt like it had more power than the 2013. I was able to ride and there was two guys out on 16s.
-I hit the QR and landed the kite on the beach. The bar slid away way quicker then the IDS landing line and the kite landed softly leading edge down on the sand.
-I attached the steering lines to the third knot for lite wind. The kite did backstall a little when I was taking off. I switched the attachment to the second knot and the problem was fixed. So middle knot is the way to go for this year.
- Overall I think Cabrinha nailed it this year.
When we get the next solid forecast Adventure Sports Ft. Lauderdale will have a demo. If anyone has any questions fire away.