View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 AM

The law states you need to have a buss licence. If you pick up from anywhere, you must have the permision and it must be listed on you licence that you are a captian and 6 pack. Thats anywhere, and the costs in Miami and the keys are a fair amount, so thats why its tough when other people are teaching at half your price and paying nothing to do it. Its illegal, and it is only going to ruin what few riding spots are left. You will see, they tend to lump a whole sport in, with one thing. Look at Crandon, used to love riding there, now you need insurance[which i am not sure how valid it is] and other rules which are fine, but you have an outside contractor saying if you can kite there and makes money on you kiting there. As a rider, means most locals dont ride there anymore. I go by boat to ride those areas, then i am not under there jurisdiction. Mathison, will be next, but i see if they keep instructing there, you are just going to loose the whole spot. To clear up a point, i dont want to teach at either, Mathison scares me to teach there, find it horible that it goes on. Crandon, onshore, right to the bushes ro the swim area, to much liability for me. I am happy what i developed 5 years ago with going out to open area and leave the spots for riders. It would suck to loose more "riding " spots.