View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:54 PM

good questions...

The main reason to have a wind window of 9 days is to ensure a few good days of wind. Since it's blowin now and it looks like it will just keep on blowin, we will begin actual competition this Saturday morning after a 9 am riders meeting (sharp) at 10 am. We will run heats all day and through Sunday as well. Based on what got accomplished we will announce the week's schedule. Naturally, we want to do as much as possible on the weekends. So we will work hard to get lots done right away.

As with longer events...the more rounds you can run, the better the results. So, within reason, we will try to run multiple rounds.

The event WILL run the following weekend provided there are good conditions. Results from the first weekend may or may not be combined with the second...based on what seems fair and what events can be run again.

The schedule during the week depends heavily on the wind. We won't fight in very light wind to run multiple boring rounds all week. But, if it keeps honking...we will be running daily events.

Freestyle will be actual competition with heats and elimination formats. Boardercross will be the same...long distance will be everyone at once, but run multiple times.

I hope this helps, sorry I don't have definitave answers. We're trying to stay flexible to maximize the wind and make the sport look as cool as we all know it is!

I say, If you can only come this weekend, come...it is going to go off for sure. From there, who knows!!!

I hope you and your crew can head on down...you have some winners in the pack!

Brad Lange
Seven Kiteboarding, Islamorada, Florida Keys
www.sevensports.com
305-853-KITE