View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:17 PM

in looking at the start photo from last year above, i think that 100 kites will be a killer. probably a 1/2 mile line. the shore break was substantial last year as well. isn't there a pier over in jupiter? the start could be between the pier and a buoy about 500 yards off. can you imagine 70-100 kites charging the water at the same time. the heli view would be awesome!

yeah the check point can be tricky, but getting off the board is probably not the best option. it will create a bottle neck and possible hassles. i'm guessing that the wind won't be as good this year as it was last season and therefore riding in close to hale your name might be easier. Hard to tell.

The only thing that i'm sure of is a minimum of 70 racers and this changes things a bit. i really hope that the event goes on the 9th. it seems as though our riding interest and season doesn't really kick in full time until we get an event off. Additionally, it is good to get FL press for the early spring mags. can't let the left coast boys think that they invented racing.

kent