View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 06:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

There may be more significant factors in seat harness selection, like comfort and general support. The Dakine Fusion is a popular, well supported seat harness. I have yet to hear about a recent kidney injury* in kiting although it could happen. Sore backs are fairly common however. Not everyone likes seat harnesses while for some guys waist harnesses cause spinal issues. Do a search for "harness" on this site to find more information.

* I just remembered one and it happened in Miami. It involved a woman in from California, riding four or more years ago at Hobie Beach. SW winds can bring squalls here which some guys still ignore. This woman was too close to shore, had her kite up as a squall came in and was lofted into some timber pilings driven into the ground along the roadway. She was badly injured including suffering kidney damage from a powered impact against the pilings. I am not sure how much good a Fusion would have done had they existed then which they did not. Accident avoidance would is always the best course along with wearing a good helmet and impact vest.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi