View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 PM

Default Kitetricity Kiteboarding Kitebash, 2009

Hey Everyone,

I have come up with a new idea for my Kitebash on April 17th – 19th. With the success of the Downwinder last weekend, I have had a lot of people ask me to do a short downwinder in order for more people to get involved. So this is what Kitetricity Kiteboarding will do. On April 17th, if the winds prevail after 2pm, we will do a Down Wind Race. We will start at Vero Beach and go to Melbourne Beach. The distance is 32 miles. If the winds are coming from the North, then the race will reverse and go from Melbourne to Vero. The Start/Finish (depending on the winds) will be at the Caribbean Court in Vero. This distance should give everyone from 12 years of age to 80 a chance to be involved and make it safely down the shoreline.

We will have a Beach Party afterward at the Sebastian Beach Inlet Bar. You will pass this during the race. We will still do a Course Race on the river the entire day of the 18th. On Sunday the 19th there will be a Freestyle, Course Race or the Downwinder if the winds don’t show up on the 17th. I will listen to what the riders want to do and make the call for that day. Sunday will only be a half-day so people have time to travel and get back to work for Monday morning. If the wind God’s decide to bless us on Friday, be prepared to take the day off in order to participate in the Downwinder. If you can’t make this, be sure to come for the Saturday-Sunday events.

Entry is $50 for two days of events and $25 for one. There will be trophy’s for both Events. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Overall. 1st Women’s, 1st Junior (12-18), and 1st over 45. Get the word out, let’s make this happen as we did the first ever Central Florida Downwind Race 2009! You all know I have the passion – let’s hope Mother Nature shows up to help me out!

There will be more info coming soon. Feel free to comment on this email, so I will know how everyone feels before the Event.

A.J.