View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Great post Troubleshooter and couldn't agree more.

I personally don't have any interest in information beyond my backyard, but do seek advice from different areas of the state about their local spots. This is where liaisons come into play. Each liaison pulls together the needed resources to bring together information about local riding spots in their region and is also responsible for updates as needed.

For example, one of our beaches is suffering from erosion, so our old spot map needed a little update to clarify where to launch and land as the erosion forced it to be moved. We clarified the change with the rangers and everyone is on the same page. It's all about communication.

Lot's of Florida kiters travel and chase the wind. I know this for a fact. It would be nice for them to have a single location to find up to date info regarding spots around the state. The purpose of this thread is to seek that help.

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay has done a great job with ASF, Kite4Life, and TBKA. No one disputes this. Not sure why he repeatedly feels the need to bring it up all the time. Also unclear on all the attacks and how it is any where near relevant to this thread I began two days ago.

I'm simply concerned about access and any information that can inform fellow kiters about the spots they ride would certainly be helpful.

A kiter from St. Pete moved to Tampa and asked about a spot called Picnic Island. He seeked advice on a FB group and got alot of great info. Like alot. Anyways, he's not the first one to ask that question and won't be the last. I am in no position to comment on Picnic, but the locals there could put together a map/guidelines/tips and share with the world. It just seems that we keep spinning our wheels and rehashing the same info instead of writing it down. That's all I'm saying.

Finally, I am deeply concerned about an incident that occurred here in the bay area and frightened of a domino effect in might have on our untouched access here in Tampa Bay.

With that said, I have started a Facebook Group called "FLORIDA KITEBOARDING COMMUNITY". It is a rough sketch of what I think we can all do together to share information about the spots we love to ride, love to visit, and share with others. With alot of participation from the right people, it could be a great place to direct riders for the information the frequently seek. In less than one day, the group has grown to almost 200 individuals. I hope to see more on board.