Thread: Updates
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Laurel!-
I had some time today with John and he seemed very receptive to the changes that we discussed. Ultimately he will provide me with his final comments early next week. I am including a copy of the draft Code changes and draft staff report to the Board. Please be aware that this still remains a draft and I have yet to get official comments back from the County Attorney's Office that could modify it. At this time, I would not expect them to modify the language on air sports.

Preliminary discussions between County staff and Audubon on Code changes to limit impacts to nesting shorebirds seem to be leaning toward the insertion of language concerning Federal and State listed species protection laws (see last paragraph of draft report). This would also appear to address their concerns with air sports too, but it may be too early to tell. There will no doubt be more discussion of this on 6/23.

Also please be aware that the final decision resides with the Board of County Commissioners on the matter at public hearing on 6/23. I am glad that you are coming and can speak to our partnership on the matter! Thanks for your help!

-Rob

Hey Rob, have you been able to run the proposed regulations by John McCarthy yet? If you have a minute to bring me up to speed on developments it would be great. Thanks, again.

Laurel

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi