View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Ski-Rixen Cable Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLKiter
Does anybody else hit the cable park in south florida when there's no wind?

I love this place. I think my wakeboard addiction may be over taking my kite addiction.

I even pay to get pulls behind a boat every now and then too. Funny how some kiters come from a wakeboard background, but it's been the opposite with me.
I thought about going over to test out the Martin M1 bindings at the cable park. Fortunately, wind came up for a few hours and I was able to give it a go on the ocean. Still, Quiet Waters does offer a good diversion in these LONG days of calm. I remember the first time that I went there some years ago with a monster F one directional kiteboard (no wind again of course). Shannon Best set me up for my first run. I think he started kiteboarding a couple of months later.

If you have a need for motion and speed over the water and without engine noise and at a reasonable price it is worth a go. Some footage of the park in action appears at:

http://kiteflix.com/

down the page under "Quiet Waters"

There used to be quite a few kiters that would go there a couple of years ago. Do you see kiteboarders there these days? How about up in Orlando at Wet n Wild?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi