View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:13 PM

I rode the 12M Era and 13M 08 Waroo today, back to back at St. George Island. I weigh 140 lbs and was riding my CF Pro Ltd 125x41 as the winds lightened up quite a bit:12-13mph. I was also using the 45cm Best bar with both kites. I would have to say that the Era has bit better low end than the Waroo, and the Era turns faster. I had the Waroo set in the AA position, and the kite felt very smooth, yet still sluggish. REMEMBER, the winds had died down, and I was only able to compare the kites' low end. Had it been blowing a knot or two more, the Waroo would have been more responsive and funner to fly. I have not ridden the 14M Era, but considering your weight and the experienced opinions of others who have ridden it, I would suggest the 14M Era. You will have the benefits of a faster turning kite, as I don't see how the 15M Waroo would be faster than the 14M Era based on today's comparison of the 12M and 13M kites, and just as much or more power than the Waroo 15. I am not knocking the 13M Waroo, but for me, I would have had more fun with it in higher winds, as the turning speed in the Era made up for it's smaller size with the apparent wind I could get with it.