View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:56 PM

hey bob and adam. bill here, the tennis player. out of the country at our last event of the year but here's the go on anna maria. i ride there in the winter quite a bit. trent is a good person to speak to as well. i usually go all the way out to the north tip of anna maria. unfortunately, it's hard to park out there. on a north to north west, you can ride in the channel and into the gulf. when it blows out there, it blows and there is usually a big swell. i ride just of the north west tip. very small beach and sketchy self launch but it's safe. ride out towards the gulf and there is a big sandbar and shoal the runs perpindicular to the land mass. it sets up pretty nice on an incoming tide, giving you some nice little rollers to "surf" not far off shore. the channel is nasty, deep and moves like crazy. my experience is to stay to the north west side and mainly west side. on a north east, you can ride between the two jetties/piers at that little park with the whispy big pines. very sketchy self launch and land. very sketchy. water is very deep and gets deep quick so when you self launch/drift launch you may not be able to touch. water is never great there. i have only ever ridden there with trent. usually in the winter. stay up on the north tip and ride on the NNW. pretty cool. no people and very different riding. no flat water though. waves, swell and chop. challenging riding.