View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:26 AM

I'm actually from Manta and I am currently living in South Florida. Santa Marianita is about 10-15 minute drive from Manta. You could actually drive your car into the beach. There are a few restaurants there with awesome and inexpensive food and drinks. Is true that there is plenty of winds. Last year I kited 15 out 17 days with a 9 and a 12m from 11:00am till about 5:30pm. The kiters there are awesome and friendly.

In Manta there is always something happening. You could see crowds daily but the increase in activities begins on Thursday nights. Plenty of Bars and clubs for entertainment. My favorite bar before hitting a club is Krugs, make sure you try the "Salchichas Cerverzero" which is spicy italian sausage with a side of potatoes and their special sauce. Yummy along with some Pilsener Beer.

A friend of mine is opening up a club in a couple of weeks called PRAIA.. I believe it will be around the Howard Johnson Hotel. Should be a blast. Go check it out if you are there.

My method of travel is actually through Quito. If you can afford it stay the night and catch the early 7-8am flight to Manta which is about a 30-40minute flight. Do your check in and you should begin kiting around 11:00am or so. I already have my tickets purchased for 31 July and looking forward to it. Happy Winds.