View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 12:12 PM

Default KITE 4 GIRLS 06 , more pics.

Hi all , K4G + 8 :

Ok we are back online after an hectic week on the water, riding, ripping, wipping out , teaching...fixing kites!

Thanks all for your attention, participation and interest in the K4G 06, that has been a blast . Amen.

There will be no event without RIDERS, SPECTATORS, SPONSORS...and WIND !
As far as wind ,that's right , i signed up a deal with Eole, i must admit: now everyone will know that there will be always wind during the K4G .
But for the real forecast and wind direction i rely on Ikitesurf.com , and they just do a great job in helping us.Thanks david.

Thanks Rick Also for your Millions of images . Always catching the perfect moment.

We had several photographers that day, we expect some coverage soon in the next issues of Kiteboarding mag, Kiteboarder , Kiteworld mag...

Georges from Kiteflix.com put in some huge logistic for this year event again: Helicopter, 4 cameras, in and on the water: He is putting a Video together , Can't be thankfull enough for him and his guys who are really helping the florida kitesurfing life in getting exposed and viewed by all of us.

Also the most hilarious Story of this 2006 K4G: from Eddie Diurza, of Key-Biscayne.com, we owe him plenty of pics from this year and before . He is the guy taking shot from his boat on Hobie beach and all around KB
If you want to LAUGH : make sure you view that link and click on the Kite Girl ( Clarissa again, why?) on his home page. read it all , it's a episode story: www.key-biscayne.com

As for us : Results and pix have been also uploaded on Our website : check the webgallery : http://www.kitesurfmiami.com/
drop us an email if you have specific questions concerning the event.

We had 8 pro riders showing up this year among them: Shanon best, clinton bolton, Damien leroy, Hamish Mc donald etc...
30 men contestants, 10 women. , 100 kites on the beach, 50 on the water , and over 300 spectators hanging around the sponsors booth on the beach.

We must thank the sponsors who make things happen financially ! meanwhile they truly get their investment back.

and for the show: ALL THE KITESURFERS THAT DAY WHO HAVE BEEN RESPECTING THE RULES AND ENSURE A FULL DAY IN 18KTS+ IN SUCH HEAVY AERIAL TRAFFIC WITHOUT A SINGLE INCIDENT ; THE AUTHORITIES AND PARC MANAGEMENT SHALL ADMIT AND APPRECIATE THAT WE CAN AND KNOW HOW TO KEEP KITESURFING A SAFE SPORT ON PUBLIC BEACHES.
We are preparing the 2007 K4G, and work on the biggest prize money set for an Event in SOuth Florida . SPonsorship candidatures are starting. You will here about it.

However for the bad news: i have been told by the parc manager that there will be no riding in CRANDON PARK DURING WEEK ENDS starting this week end until Labor day!
" SUmmer Rules " , we knew this already, but the Summer kinda of early this year!!
WHY?: "Rules not respected enough" they said. Meaning the Helmets , and Sign up at the office was too inconsistantly followed by the regular users-
They feel they can't trust us if we can't comply with as little rules as that. Now we all of us cry , but they gave us a chance , we blew it off again. Remember , Being allowed to ride in a public park is a privilege that rely only on the manager parc, Basically it's a relation based on confidence and Trust.
If it's been working in other park i don't see why it won't in Crandon. Especially when we showed we can make it work for a day.

For Miamikiteboarding hopefully, we run our fleet of power boats to keep going on the flats and around bans.
Same spots, same beach but we come by the sea.

Ride Safe

chris
http://www.miamikiteboarding.com/

Christophe Ribot