FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2007, 09:16 AM

Default Someone is going to be seriously injured at Backside

I know it is going to happen .. and I feel that we've got to do all we can to prevent it.

I go there all the time and try like hell to educate those that I can.. but I tell ya.. last year this time I really think I recognized every single local rider. Nowdays I am happy to see one familiar face in the crowd.

All these Backside Skyway riders.. many seem to be past the super newbie state.. but just barely.

I cannot count the amount of times I see these folks trying to learn how to jump near to the BOAT OF DOOM.

Does anyone have any buoys we can tie up to the boat hull??? If not, I am going to buy a few this week and go out on the next super low tide and figure out a way to chain/tie/whatever to that mass of flesh eating shrapnel.

Think Ill put a few on different lengths so as to hopefully be visible in all tide levels.

Been thinking and talking about this for a while.. it has to be done. No one riding that area seems to have a clue about it. Dan and I were out there w/ a few others last season trying to dig it out. Its no f*cking joke. This thing will tear you to shreds if you get dragged through it.

I'll post when I am going out.. if there is a super low tide after work this week I'll be out there. Anyone want to help I'd appreciate it.

Once this is setup, I'd really like everyone to remind and re-remind all riders they see on the beach.

-Bryan

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa