FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2009, 11:41 AM

Default wrong attitude

mstephens694,

I think you are missing the big picture here.

From my perspective, we only have a few people willing to take time out of their lives to organize an event like this. Let alone to do it around the holidays! For that matter, I am really thankful to Enrique and his family for putting in the effort and making this happen.

Now you are bringing up the point that there was no 24h notice, and because of that you didn't go to the updated starting location. I think you have a bad attitude by complaining to Enrique about this, especially on an open forum.

You're goal logically should be to prevent this from happening again in the future. To do this, maybe instead of complaining you should learn to take more responsibility to stay informed. This includes taking the initiative to check the websites, call organizers, and confirm with other participants. Talk to other riders who did go to the correct starting location, and find out how they stayed updated. Remember, the majority of riders had no problem...

If you have feedback for Enrique about improvements he could make, take the time out of your life and have the courtesy to give him a call. But remember, if you piss off the organizers, they will simply stop hosting!

my two cents

-patrick