FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 PM

Al, you forgot to mention they have gone the extra mile to send their instructors to get certified (congrats Steve-O and Gabe) and that we have all helped each other in the past and the future, and always will....

All of you guys are friends of mine, even Scott, Tom, and the many alias @ssholes out there. I would gladly save any one of your asses in a heartbeat if that was the situation.
My frustration does not come from lack of wind, its from the lack of positive actions when its not.(take this thread, for example) We are blessed to have so much knowledge, talent, and style in our little kiteboarding world, but we waste our time pointing fingers instead of taking action when it comes to getting things accomplished. My friend Noob still has the Bridle issue, and with so many Best kites in this town, a loaner shouldn't be too hard to find.(hint, hint anyone) Hell, someone loan him a kite so he can quit stressin' over a missed session.....
Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM

I can understand Both sides of the story. I own A Scuba Manufacturing Company and I understand how important it is to support your local shop. They can help you out with warranty issues and items you might need ASAP.
However I too have had bad expieriences with WSW. Granted it has been awhile since I have been there and shops/people can change. The first time I went to WSW about 3 years ago, I was trying to get info on the sport how to get strated ect. and I was grilled about having lessons first, Before they would even show me any equipment or give me the time of day. So that put a bad taste in my mouth. Also when I was looking to purchase gear, WSW seemed way over priced.

I have been Kiteboarding now about 2 years w/ 1 year off due to a knee injury. A couple of months ago I went into WSW Just to check out The new Undergrounds and equipment. I was greeted by a younger guy who was very helpfull and didn't grill me about how many lessons I've had and who I took them from. He was very nice and took the time to answer all of my questions.
He did alot for the way I see WSW.

I also Found out that WSW has some Used Gear a Pretty good prices for those who can't afford brand new gear.

Any way my point is I will give WSW another shot and others should think about doing the same, Maybe they have their shit together now.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:15 PM

Also,

A Good Shop, SHOULD Fix your equipment Or help You out any way they can
REGARDLESS of who you bought your kite from.
Closed Thread