FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > *** Past KB Events! *** > 60 Mile Jupiter To Ft. Lauderderdale RACE! > 2007-08 Jupiter To Ft. Lauderdale Race, What Happened?!
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2008, 09:26 AM

Not much of a story from my side. I was very happy with my equipment selection (Crossbow3 10.5 and my 5'2 DC directional). My goal was to finish in the top 3 and not worse than 5th. I was sticking to my plan and riding pretty easy bouncing between 4th and 6th ususally. I was runing down the coast and currently riding in 5th with I went flying over the bars. I quickly got up and crashed again. I flipped my board over and noticed that my bottom had ripped off. I had earler repaired my board by adding to additional stringers, but I did the job incorrectly and didn't place an extra layer of glass over the stringers. I thought that my test from Saturday's race was sufficient, but apparantly not.

It was a disappointment for sure, but I was runing about as expected and had to bail out at the Deerfield Pier. It's funny, just as I was limping into the beach Gebi passed me. I'm sure that we would have finished at the hip again. I think that he was looking for a bit of revenge after Saturday's loss to me by about 10 seconds after 25 miles. I guess that I'll just have to live on that one until we get to Tampa. I can't wait to see you there.