FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoNP View Post
Rick,

I talked to you last year about this trip and it was very helpful. I think you were traveling then. From your how's the wind posts, sounds like you are in the area. Should I try to drive up to Delray or just go in front of my hotel again?

Later,
Nick

p.s. Last year there were others kiters there as well, some school with a banner they put up; however, they were pretty reckless by launching near beach goers and riding between swimmers. Kind of surprized me...I would have sent this via pm, but don't have enough posts...

Hello Nick,

I was tied up with a free diving course, more at: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=6950

Anyway, your prospects for useable wind are much better in November as a rule than late August. If you can bring both sized kites I would say to do so. You may not have enough wind for either one, then again you never know.

I am disturbed to hear your report about the school. Doesn't sound very good at all. Best policy in LBTS is to stay well away from bystanders and bathers, regardless of what you see the school doing. If such behavior is continued it will likely see them thrown out of the area. If you have clear areas near your hotel, best to launch and get out past 100 yards from shore and stay out until time to come in. As Mike was saying there is usually little difference in the wind between LBTS and Delray. The only exceptions are localized thermal winds and areas outside the influence of squall clouds.

Have a good trip, hope you luck out with some useable wind.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi