FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Southwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM

I'll be down there Dec 23 to Jan 5, staying on Gulf Shore Blvd near the Edgewater resort. Last winter I was out and saw some doing a N>S downwinder past me, I would be into that as it was marginal breeze to stay upwind. I haven't hit it with breeze on but keeping fingers crossed, I'm shipping down my Spleen door & big kite just in case. I hit Sanibel a couple times last year, causeway & the lighthouse spots are pretty good and met some cool locals. I'll be the big pale yankee w/North kites trunkin it, hopefully meet some of you guys. Our local website up here www.masskiting.com Cheers, John -
Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 PM

just making sure people are not too cold down there? Yes it was a crisp 2 degrees the other day. Yes I said 2. Can not WAIT to be in Naples for xmas break. It is only like 2 weeks away!! crazy!

Where do people like to hang out? I mean yes there is 5th and all but does anyone else know where is a better setting?

Everyone keep me up to date on your schedules and see if we can make something happen.

Thank you again for all your help.

B
Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Dear UPS & Mother Earth, please deliver my gear and multible fronts that produce some healthy wind to the gulf/Naples over the Christmas Holidays! Ok I've done my part
Old 12-18-2008, 07:13 AM

john
your wish is my command i have ordered a cold front for christmas eve and if the weather channel has not screwed up we have one
iko instructor #3301
Naples kite boarding lessons , gear , kite trip , rentals
http://www.naplespaddleboardingrentals.com/
Naples paddleboard rentals-kayak tours -summer camp -meet up -news
http://www.naplespaddleboard.com/

naples,marcos island,bonita beach,san carlo, fort myers
Store 953 3rd ave north naples Florida
239-601-2700
Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 AM

you're a good man latino, Dec 24th is my birthday so it must be true, breeze on would be the perfect present if the hot blond jumping out the cake doesn't happen

NNE ok for Naples, or is it side off to much making it stupid gusty?

Last edited by John-; 12-18-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:40 AM

Looks like we are going to get about 2 feet of snow in the next 3 days. That is pretty cool but i have been in Naples mode starting December 1st.

While I am down there I will be staying at a place on Pine Ridge. Only about 5-10 mins from Gulf Shore Blvd. (Depending on where you are located on the coast) I am taking my gear with me on the plane. I have called ahead to let Southwest know i was bringing something of that size. Which is not big.

On Janurary 1st 2008 I saw a kiter having fun out there at sunset probably down by 7th ave and I said that is what I want to do next year if I had the chance. I do and will be doing the same even if it is just for a little run out and back it is going to happen.

I will be there Dec 26th-Jan 3rd. Lets make this happen. Just nervous on how busy it is going to be on the beaches. Will it be busy? Let me know

Brendan
Old 12-25-2008, 09:08 PM

hey y'all

i leave tomorrow for NPZ!! I am down for friday or any day of the week if anyone is up for it...

Let me know

B
Old 12-26-2008, 07:17 AM

i've been in Naples for a couple days, it's been east breezes and it looks to continue with that pattern, looking like skunk on the gulf side unless the Sanibel crew has gotten lucky. and it looks like the east side might go flat too :-(

nice sunny and warm though