FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-21-2009, 07:01 PM

Post how the naples race went

So its 4am in the morning and I (Kelly) bring Enrique his coffee in bed (IT’S TIME I SAY) and the Enrique house hold switches into race mode. Everybody has a job to do even my 9 year old daughter Andréa and off we go. Enrique goes to Fort Myers with my son Jan to prepare for the start of the race and I go to Naples to prepare for the finish line.
Enrique gets to Fort Myers beach and it is dark and windy it is still a little off shore but it’s beginning to look really good for a race. Gordon, Elana, Christine and Heidi (HELPERS) show up so we are ready to go.
It’s about 6.00 am and the first racer shows up (Sean Reyngoudt ) and what an amazing young man he is. He has an amazing attitude towards life and is an inspiration and awesome role model to all.
So people start to show up for registration and no we do not have 50 or 60 riders but what we do have are some of the best, well known and respected kite boarders around today so now I know this is going to be one hell of a race.
So the red flag goes up the yellow flag goes up and so does the green flag along with the horn and away they go. I’m thinking maybe it’s the excitement or the nerves or something that made me think this race went a little faster than usual but no it was not, these guys were flying, it was a really fast race but what do you expect with the people who were racing, It was a really great race and a really fun day and of course with a great ending we had Jeremy as our winner Sean as our second place and gabby in third so great race guys and congratulations.
I would like tell you guys lots of stories about the race but they are not my stories to tell so please write your thoughts and your stories because I as well as many others are interested in hearing them I would also like to take this opportunity to thank cabrinha and every single person who had anything to do with this race. Thank you to all of you who traveled far and near to come to the race I know times are hard and gas is not cheap and thank you to everyone of you who helped I don’t like to write names in case I forget someone so please forgive me if I do but we really appreciate all of you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts
Gordon, Elena, Daniel, Brandon, Heidi and Jeff, Steve, Johanna, Christine, Andrea g Daniel g and so many more once again I am really sorry if I did not right you down
Thank you to all for the support of the Naples pier to pier we will see you next year

kelly l dobbs.

race start 9:10

finish time

1 place jeremy 10:06
2 place sean 10:10
3 place gabi 10:10.5
4 kent 10:13
5 erick foht 10:18
6 enrique oliva 10:22
7 richie garner 10:24
8 christian castano 10:36
9 melisa gil 10:37