FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Skyway Scott

yeah
Old 06-22-2008, 10:01 PM

Very true, and it looks like in out numbered on this one... Ill have to admit defeat [mrgreen] but on the positive side, I still feel it can be very good to detect seabreezes, confirming with the bay news 9 cam of course! but if you see that light offshore flow, than the sensor dropping to zero midday than id definatly keep an eye on the cam or sensor for a seabreeze especially late season, april and may. at least thats my indicatior and its definatly proven pretty sucessful.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Skyway Scott

Sam. Here is the real question.
If the PaG sensor said 16 and no other sensor anywhere was reading higher than 9, would you trust it? :-D
I don't think you got defeated. You said it was good at picking up sea breezes. That's true, because sea breezes are usually strong.
It just sucks at exaggerating 11 knots and turning into 16, at least imo.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:39 PM

thats very true. Id definatly not go if it was the only one saying that there was a rideable breeze, Much like the skyway sensor on the east winds. I wouldnt even turn on my truck if it was saying 16 and every other sensor was dead. All these sensors still cant be relied on all the time and are never 100 percent right, in fact are usially no where near that. Many are behind buildings, in between buildings ect... some better placement and quality control could be used for that 8 bucks a month ikite charges in my opinion.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Tom Stock

Agreed, the PAG sensor is one of our WORST sensors. It had always been. It's in a bad location, and it always reads high. PAG sensor is the reason we have been riding iKite begging for a new sensor for the past 3 years.

Pretty sure it was not 15-20 between 1-3pm. I was flying an R/C glider then, and it was dead calm. I live a few miles from the beaches, and if it did anything over 8mph without a storm I was ready to ride.

It did eventually pick up to 15 at around 4pm but that was when the storms finally started rolling in.