FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-24-2005, 10:59 AM

Default best place to ride when wind is out of EAST?

i'm in Dania Beach, and just about every day the wind is out of the east. What are the good spots to ride when the wind is out of the east? how long does it take to drive to those spots? thanks, judd
Old 09-24-2005, 10:59 AM

Default best place to ride when wind is out of EAST?

i'm in Dania Beach, and just about every day the wind is out of the east. What are the good spots to ride when the wind is out of the east? how long does it take to drive to those spots? thanks, judd
Old 09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: best place to ride when wind is out of EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd
In Broward and much of Palm Beach county east is an onshore direction. It is more side onshore up around Jupiter and points north. If it is fairly strong out of the east you could consider launching from the water bordering the causeway to Hutchinson Island or off the projection of land into the Intracoastal Waterway at Sebastian Inlet.

Heading south, you could take a sea taxi ride out to the flats in Biscayne Bay with miamikiteboarding.com or kitesurfusa.com. As you head into the Keys, say around Islamorada, east is a side onshore direction.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: best place to ride when wind is out of EAST?

Quote:
In Broward and much of Palm Beach county east is an onshore direction. It is more side onshore up around Jupiter and points north. If it is fairly strong out of the east you could consider launching from the water bordering the causeway to Hutchinson Island or off the projection of land into the Intracoastal Waterway at Sebastian Inlet.

Heading south, you could take a sea taxi ride out to the flats in Biscayne Bay with miamikiteboarding.com or kitesurfusa.com. As you head into the Keys, say around Islamorada, east is a side onshore direction.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-26-2005, 07:22 PM

thanks. i'll have to check out some of these spots. have you heard anything about when Dania Beach is going to be open again?

judd
Old 09-26-2005, 07:22 PM

thanks. i'll have to check out some of these spots. have you heard anything about when Dania Beach is going to be open again?

judd
Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:

judd
Are you talking about the small beach area to the north of the Pier and south of John U. Lloyd Park? If so, it may have been closed along with the Pier for ten months pending construction. That would leave it like this until about June 2006!

Hopefully, it was just a temporary closing related to Rita. If so, it should be open soon I would imagine. A call to Dania townhall could settle the question. Good luck!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:

judd
Are you talking about the small beach area to the north of the Pier and south of John U. Lloyd Park? If so, it may have been closed along with the Pier for ten months pending construction. That would leave it like this until about June 2006!

Hopefully, it was just a temporary closing related to Rita. If so, it should be open soon I would imagine. A call to Dania townhall could settle the question. Good luck!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-30-2005, 02:01 PM

yep. the beach is closed from the Dania Beach grill to John Lloyd State Park due to power line damage in the parking area. they keep telling me it will be open soon, but that's been over a week now, since rita went thru. plus the Meade street area is closed because of beach replentishment.

judd