FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Final post-
You are the donkey I called out B-Rad, its your "spot" and you're responsibility.
If you can't see that I addressed a legitimate concern for your spot and you are floundering trying to justify a slider being 100' from the shore in high onshore winds(25-30), then you really are a dumbarse.There might have been no accidents that day, but there was at least 1 kite in a tree because loose kites travel DOWNWIND, and you're lucky no one was hurt.
Who am I?
A RECENT customer of yours. I spent hard earned money in your store.
I am also every safe kiter who pays 10 bux to ride at WH and rides safely, and is insulted for Tier 1 Donkeys to show up and watch you kiss their arses instead of making them ride safely. Be a leader and forget about the popularity contest. Those guys don't pay your bills- WE DO.
You don't want my real name, trust me. It will not be worth it, we are "on the same page", Remember?

This thread was justified and I thank Rick for allowing me the freedom to express my concerns. He may cringe every time I post, but I believe he knows my "colorful posts" are meant for the good of everyone in our sport, even Brad, Bobby, and everyone else.
Thanks Rick, and nice pics of safe kiters shredding with helmets. Got more?
( I suggest give him a day or so to read this and then delete everything in this thread except Brads initial post and your posts). Give him a mulligan and let him start over, and show us if he learned something.
LONG LIVE FREESTYLE! (we hope...)
B-safe

Last edited by Magnum T.I.; 03-18-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: candy coated for your chewing pleasure...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:27 PM

ok...fair enough...final post

hey...thanks for shopping in the new store!!! Excuse the mess...we are in phase 2 construction...it will be looking really groovy in a few months...and the online store is getting a revamp too... www.sevensports.com (thanks for the plug!)

novice or not...your point was taken about where the new cool slider should or should not be...we will apparently not agree on where it was that day...and that's ok...clearly riders were not (even Hamish) hitting a slider that was only 100 ft offshore in 20-25 onshore winds...and no way to have your kite loop three times and not hit the shore...there were three-loop falls all day...you feel it was close...I feel it was ok that day...point taken...

well look into it and take your suggestion into account...thanks for submitting your legitimate complaint.

For every other silly thing you said...you're definately not trying to make or keep a friend by saying things like Donkey Harbor...the time and energy to make a launch available to someone like you who so casually throws a derogatory name around in the name of "preserving access"...or what about al the other jabs...is there more to this??? Do you have some other problems with all the good we do for kiting? Am I not buying a product you are selling or something? And popularity contest??? KITEBOARDING IS NOT A CRIME...no problems with a crew riding together...that makes it fun and entertaining!
You might need to start thinking about preseving your own access.
Mulligan...give me a start over???...don't try to bury your bashing...please keep it Rick!

Look man...whoever you are...bring me a legitimate complaint...I'll listen all day long...start talking trash, and nobody want's to listen...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 PM

and to direct this thread back on a positive track...

freestyle is alive and well!

kickers should be safely offshore...

the "new" callout system should be specific and remain only about kiting if it is to be effective...also it should be accompanied by video as Kent describes in his comp...or else it ends like this...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:28 PM

Nice....
Thanks for confirming my suspicion.
You're a complete dumb@ss...
Be glad I didnt roll tape, because your would have been Example # 1 and that is a fact. Now, I truly wish I did...
*I wont make that mistake next time,B-rad. I'll be watchin ya' from real close, see u on the sandbar.
Burying my bashing? nope
Leave the thread, its hilarious- and shows just how hard it is to get through to a complete idiot drowning in his own hype.

*Keep EVERY kiter on your beach a safe distance away from shore, everyday, because "Donkey Watch" at WH begins RIGHT NOW.
Good luck B-rad, you obviously need it.
See you on the beach.

Last edited by Magnum T.I.; 03-19-2008 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Removed name
Old 03-18-2008, 07:18 PM

dude...why are you such a hater?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 PM

Hey Rick- I you might need to put a hold on this magnum TI fellow. If you have a problem with brad perhaps you should address him directly. As for helmets etc look at snowboarding and skateboarding... that is the riders choice. Over -Regulation can kill the sport. Safety is important and I know brad works hard to keep that spot trouble free. As for slander on a forum that is the least diplomatic way to make your point.

- Ian
Old 03-19-2008, 01:51 AM

Slander is preaching on this forum that your all about safety and setting up a "cool new slider" on the beach 2 weeks later. Brad did that and I pointed it out. He just should have conceded instead of being defensive.
I only mentioned his biz because HE plugged it in a thread like this, not very bright... I did remove the name.
Trouble free?
Kite in a Tree.

Rick will ban me once I am wrong, untruthful,or crossing the line. He's a fair guy and I wouldn't question his judgement.
Are you all done yet?

Last edited by Magnum T.I.; 03-19-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: added something
Old 03-19-2008, 10:41 AM

a pic from the day is here... http://www.sevensports.com/kitepics.html

let the riders be the judge...
Old 03-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Guys,

It's March, the wind seems to have turned on again. Life is good. Why don't we move on. Both sides in this issue have made interesting points. Brad indicated he will put the sliders and kickers further offshore, ideally not inline with launching areas. Based upon the photo the gear seems to be on the edge of the channel about 150 to 250 ft. offshore from GE images, varying with the exact location along the shore. I understand Brad will be shooting for at least 300 ft. in sideshore conditions and further in onshore winds in the future. Sounds good to me.

Magnum, personal attacks do as much to harm your credibility as anyone else, so cool it. If self restraint doesn't work, bans usually will, so show respect.

Anyway guys, lets move on. Ok? To help out, I'll lock this thread.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Closed Thread