FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 AM
geoffc

Default Wind conditions

I am thinking of moving to somewhere in Florida from New England.Where has the most consistant wind conditions?I am pretty Spoiled here on Cape Cod with pretty sweet conditions year round.Thanks.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I don't think you will find as consistent winds anywhere in Florida from what little I know of Cape Cod. It will be warmer, both air and water, more so the further south you go of course. Overall due to pressure gradients across the area, it looks like the Florida Keys have more consistent wind more of the year as compared to areas on the mainland. I would check ikitersurf wind archives for various times of the year. There are few to no waves down there, at least not without boat travel to some local spots under certain conditions.

If you need a wave fix, there can be great waves, for Florida, from Jupiter north to Georgia. If you have strong westerly flow related to cold fronts you can take a boat to sand bars out in Florida Bay west of the Keys or do a road trip up the west coast of Florida. Jobs and housing are other issues of course and may factor into your choice of location. With that as a governing consideration, the rest of the State opens up to you with all the related considerations. What cities were you thinking about?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-04-2009 at 08:12 AM.