FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Git it while the gittins' good

Why isn't anyone posting on one of the windiest weeks of the year? WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I was out last night at Club Med and learned once again how nasty that new hotel is. It casts a wind shadow for kilometers down the beach. Anyway... things couldn't have been better... I just stayed at the end of the beach north of the hotel. That water is incredibly flat in an ENE wind. Thanks to a few changes including copying Dave's footstrap set up... lowering my harness so it doesn't ride up (I can't believe I was too dumb to try this earlier)...and of course Mateo's patience in the last few weeks with getting me launched and rescued... I finally felt like I had the hang of it. I could leverage my weight against the kite better, the board was responding, I was zipping upwind easily, getting off the water.... aaaah... I think I'll go out again tonight.

... start posting more posts... remember... 8 more days until the new hotel opens... club med's last days!

Last edited by PHENN; 03-20-2007 at 01:28 PM.