FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Session Report!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 PM

Actually Ricki this is the most wind I have seen on my holiday trip 17th-29th, ever! I rode almost every night under that moon between Lauderdale pier and Pompano pier only I think it was two or three nights it didn't blow. I choose not to go to far out usually the swim buoy because I alway feel like shark bait and I use extra flotation for that " JUST IN CASE" moment . Now the other night (28th) was spectacular, the moon didn't come out till 12:40 and when it did was a deep, dark yellow. I finished up that night with a down winder from Lauderdale to 16th, fricken awesome. I returned back to Chicago with a HUGE smile can't wait to come back in Feburary. For now I will have to settle with Lake Michigan which tomorrow when I go to Miller Beach in Gary IN will be 29F 20kt gusting to 25kt with a water temperature of low 40's REFRESHING WOOHOOO!!! Hold down the fort till I get back...

Polo
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad you had a good trip with wind! Sounds like some intense dry suit weather back home. Stay warm and safe and see you back down here in February.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 PM

Ugh!...I hope we are not getting in to that north/west wind pattern like last season. Kickin' 20-25 on Sunday late thru Monday......but west in it
Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

No wind to speak of, fog as of 8 am but there seems to some nice swells. At least there was when things were under fog. Good for surfing, SUP in the waves or sponging. Here's shots from Jupiter and southern Palm Beach County:

More at: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=6734

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 12-11-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

A bit late but was that GREAT wind or what yesterday afternoon. I was able to go out late for a couple of hours. Had good close side shore wind away from the beach and landshadow boosting into the mid 20's or so. Wore a good full wetsuit so cold wasn't an issue. It sure was nice not to be underpowered for a change. Who else got some?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-13-2011, 10:03 AM

Default lost Jimmy Lewis Board Saturday feb 12th on SoBe

please contact if you have any info on a blue Jimmy Lewis twin tip, lost on SoBe saturday feb. 12th

mahalo!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Starting tonight by the forecast, its about time too! This is for Palm Beach County but nice rideable winds are forecast for the entire east coast of Florida!

"Tonight...Northeast winds 17 to 22 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Dominant dominant period 3 seconds. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Isolated thunderstorms in the evening. Chance of showers through the night.

Wednesday...Northeast winds 14 to 17 knots near shore to northeast 17 to 22 knots in the gulf stream. Seas 4 to 6 feet near shore and up to 6 to 8 feet in the gulf stream. Dominant period 8 seconds. East northeast swell around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Wednesday Night...East northeast winds 16 to 21 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet near shore and up to 7 to 9 feet in the gulf stream. North swell around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Thursday Through Saturday...East winds 18 to 23 knots. Seas 7 to 9 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters rough in exposed areas. Slight chance of showers."
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...fl&zmx=1&zmy=1

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Nice wind run for several days through the weekend. Looks like more rideable wind on and off through the week. It is feeling more like a "normal" wind season this week, here's to it!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Where did this come from? Hope it happens!

"Sunday...Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet building to 4 to 6 feet in the afternoon. Dominant period 5 seconds. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Sunday Night...East northeast winds 17 to 22 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet building to 7 to 9 feet. North swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Isolated showers.

Monday...East northeast winds 14 to 19 knots. Seas 7 to 9 feet. North northeast swell 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Isolated showers. "

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...fl&zmx=1&zmy=1

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Rare good rideable wind is up, SE to SSE in the mid to upper teen mph range. Go grab some if you can!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi