FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 04-07-2007, 09:19 AM

Default your right ebone

excellent post eric. i have had my 30 foot sailing catamaran in the keys for 3 months now kiting off the key west flats. its been great. launching the kite off the back of the cat works great and i can tie the kite off to the quarter of the boat no problem as i take a rest. good place to get out of sun, rehydrate. AS far as beach banning i disagree with scott completely. it is certainly a possibility. remember clearwater beach actually banned t-backs for woman 10 years ago....who knows what is next.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:04 PM

Smile Flats

Glad you had fun. It was a great day! We need to work on that sound system so we can shatter some windows on longboat key.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Skyway Scott

Well, anything is possible. I never meant to imply that we have free reign over the beach or that they can't kick us out, obviously the City can.
I just hope the day never comes that I need a boat to kite. My days riding will be cut by about 75 days a year (weekdays... toast) due to time constraints. It takes me 5 minutes to get to the 'tow and a lot longer to trailer a boat, rig, get to a spot... you get the picture.
I had an awesome boat for kiting for three years (22 foot Dauntless Whaler). I could easily fit five kiters and all their gear on it.
But, given time issues, it really wasn't an option on weekdays.
I agree with a lot of what you said Eric.
I also understand that it was just an opening line to a positive post. And it was a great post.
But it would be sad to actually be limited to truly needing a boat to kite. I see both sides of it, and the reality is (for me) that pulling up to the beach and "just ripping it" is the ultimate since of freedom for me, and I would hate to lose it. I did it both ways (in boat, arrive at beach) and the beach deal was what I liked best.

You know, when it is really blowing, the boat ride (in chop) is a bitch.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 04-07-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
E-Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigairal View Post
remember clearwater beach actually banned t-backs for woman 10 years ago....who knows what is next.
WTF? What red-blooded male would have voted for such a thing? Must have been a bunch of toolz on the city commission at the time. Thongs should mandatory for all hot chickz on our beaches. To show moral support to the babez with the gutz to put their bunz on display, I am going to start wearing a thong to all sessions.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Talking thong

Sorry E but I have a strict no male thong policy on my boat. Youll need at least a speedo to ride with me.No pastel colors either.