FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northeast Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-08-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Parrish Park-Titusville

Hey There,
Anyone have any info on Parrish Park in Titusville? I'm only familiar with Cocoa.

Hows the launch? Best wind directions? Shallow? Crowded? Any other general photos or pictures would be most appreciated!!!

Many Thanks!
Old 12-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Parrish Park-Titusville

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco
Hey There,
Anyone have any info on Parrish Park in Titusville? I'm only familiar with Cocoa.

Hows the launch? Best wind directions? Shallow? Crowded? Any other general photos or pictures would be most appreciated!!!

Many Thanks!
Never been there. You should PM A.J. with kitetricity.com about it.

Looking a Googleearth, it appears to be potentially rideable from all directions but perhaps with the best winds from the NNW to NNE and SE to SSW. The low lying areas to the east may not introduce much wind shadow unlike the Titusville to the west. It looks like some pronounced currents can setup there at tidal extremes so have a care. I would avoid the marina and related channels to the west end of the Park. There seems to be a shallow apron along both the northern and southern portions of the park aiding in assisted launching and landing. I would take pains to avoid sending runaway kites into the roadway (both with and without kiters!).

From Kiteforum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFkitesurfer
Parrish Park is a great place to ride if the wind is right. The launch spot is the beach area on the other side of the bridge. You can ride here in almost any wind direction except for NW which is strait onshore. It tends to be gusty here if the wind is below 15mph or anything out of the west. It is best on a strong SE wind which is offshore. The river is about waist to chest deep depending on the tides. Also, you need to stay well east of the island for the shallow water if you need to walk. The images show the shallow area in green, deep in red, and launch in blue.

The only time i have trouble with the launch is on SE winds since the wind is coming over the road. The best thing to do on SE winds it to water launch.

There are only a few kiters that ride here and I have never been there when there too many riders. It can get crowded in the summer with jetskis and people fishing.

Also, bring water shoes because there is some funky stuff out there!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...21501&t=h&om=1
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapnlarry
check out this link for pics of parrish park

http://www.larrygrimm.com/parrishpark.htm

watch out for power lines behind you with onshore wind.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-10-2006, 08:29 AM

Hey rick,
thanks for the info? any other local knowledge or pictures? many thanks!