FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 11-27-2006, 08:54 PM
tomstock

And E-Bone's bike. It has a pink basket and tassles on the grips.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:54 PM
tomstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson
Well when you go into the pawn shops, etc. do Mira a favor and look for her yellow 120 UG Wavetray...
How long ago? Was it during the race?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:00 PM

http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=3230

Yep, lost in the race. Some loser who found it called WSW (their # and PJ's name is on the board) the day after the race and said he had found it. When John offered to come pick it up, he refused to give out any information on himself. He was obviously calling to inquire about what the board was used for or more likely what its value is... :evil:
Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 PM
tomstock

Maybe the person was hoping for a reward and decided it was better to keep it when he realized he wouldn't get one?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:12 AM

Do all good deeds in life require a reward? That is absolutely stupid. Doing good deeds always comes back to you in the end in some way, shape or form. Plus, he would have probably gotten a nice cash reward from Mira for returning it. He was calling a shop, not the owner so there is no way to tell. He didn't directly ask for a reward. This guy is a piece of crap thief, plain and simple.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:40 AM

Toby,
If you found my board I know you'd move heaven and earth to get it back to its rightful owner. For everyone else I write REWARD IF FOUND and my number. I hate writing my name on stuff, it makes me feel like I'm back in first grade and my Dad wrote my name huge inside my cool bomber jacket. I'd hate it more if I lost my board and someone besides one of my kite bros found it.

Hey I had an Idea Maybe we could get Rick to make up some cool looking stickers that say FKA member REWARD IF FOUND and an 800 number. with some cool colors and graphics. It wouldn't look as dorky as my giant sharpie scribling

Bob
Old 11-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Skyway Scott

Cool idea.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:47 AM

Great idea Bob! I would buy a bunch of those, we have a total of 5 boards between Amber and I. My OR Mako is all uglied up with sharpie from where I put my name, number, address, e-mail, reward if found, etc. on the underside but boards are for riding, not for a fashion show. The stickers would be a GREAT idea though, Rick are you in for getting these made up? If not, I would be more than happy to look into it...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
tomstock

I write my name, number, and usually REWARD IF FOUND on just about everything including my kites.

There are a lot of people out there who just don't give a crap about doing the right thing for someone they dont know. They will take whatever they can get and as much of it as they can get.

When this person realized they wouldn't get any sort of reward I am sure they decided they would rather just keep it and use it as a wakeboard, sell it to a buddy, or take it back up north as a souvenier.

Then again, this sweet board had a beautiful golden yellow tan with the rail line curves of a swimsuit model, and two very sexy, full, round, kicked up tips. My opinion is that the guy has fallen in love with it.

Seems everyone falls in love with Underground boards.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:00 PM

blah..
underground..

:P

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa