FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-20-2006, 09:18 PM

Default Launches near Tallahassee??

Hi Everyone,
I may be moving to the Tallahassee area... Hoping to hear that good launches aren't too far away.

I know due south is marshy, and generally no wind... Does anybody know where the closest spot to ride is? Do I really have to head all the way to Pensacola?

I've never been around there, so I'm totally clueless about any spots. Can't imagine there's nobody up there who kites.

Guess I've been a little too spoiled by Miami.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

--B
Old 06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
E-Bone

I've been through there, I know some people kite down at Shell Point. He's the website for the windsurfers over there, a really cool bunch, maybe that will give you a lead:

http://www.20knotsnob.com/
Old 06-30-2006, 11:51 AM

Default T-Town wind

There are several launch spots that are insane over there......Bald Point and Eagle point......Alligator point.......my favorite.....Carrabelle beach across from Royal Palms campground......by the way....this campground has wifi, cable and full hookups at every spot and a great pool and gameroom.......you can see Dog Island straight across.....St. George Island and over to Apalachicola......East Point......many beaches with great wind that all look like Hatteras......I was there three days ago and got 18-22 WSW for two days in a row.......they call it the FORGOTTEN COAST.......let's keep it that way.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 PM

I live in Tallahassee and have been looking for some locals who do the same. I just started riding recently and got a guys name from a kiteshop in Ft. Walton who lives in the Carabelle area. He tells me there is a lot of good wind out there and I might meet up with him this weekend. Carabelle is about an hour drive from Tallahassee. Since I just started riding I don't know any great spots but hope to learn of a few once I meet up with this guy from the kite shop.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:27 PM

Default T-Town kiters

Actually, one of the closest places to ride from Tallahassee is Bald Point and Alligator Point....wide open beaches and a great sea breeze this time of year. If you ever want to come ride in Panama City beach, gve us a shout over here.....this Sunday has a great forecast........there are a lot of riders over here now....and plenty of good launch spots
http://www.emeraldcoastkiteboarding....l_launches.htm
for launch spots.....there are some great secret spots as well.....
Carrabelle is an awesme spot as well as St. George Island......Dog Island sits out in front of Carrabelle beach.....
This is NOT our time of the year for wind.....but so far, so good.....
come ride with us...
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 PM

Im glad to hear Tallahassee has some great launch sites, because I plan to attend school up there next year
Old 07-30-2006, 10:04 PM

Default T-town

It is not like FOrt Desoto.......but almost. You have to drive a ways to the coast......but you will love it.
Give us a shout when you get up this way....
Rush
www.pcbkitesurf.com
Old 08-12-2006, 05:52 AM

Default Tallahassee

The last two day's have been nuking here...I have been on a 12. crossbow both day's...it blew over 30 mph on Thursday...We have some of the best spots around the Talahassee area...No one kites up here so we have all the beaches to ourselves ..There are a bunch of great launches to kite from all depends on the wind direction..

Once you know the area's you will never want to go back to Miami unless you want the heat..Check out the weather here and check out the wind on the 10th and 11th..

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...y=11&year=2006

One of the best spots are like Mark said The aligator point area and also the Carrabelle beach spot..Hope to see you out there.. give us a shout if you need any help
Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 AM

Default Looking for lessons near Tallahassee

Coming down from Mass. to Tallahassee. Want to get set up IKO Level III lessons for two people. Weekend of March 27-29.

Any leads?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Florida State has a Kiteboarding club, they are pretty much the locals at alligator point/Bald Point.

you can find their contact info on their site
http://www.fsukiteboarding.com/home.html

I can't believe you guys left Cape San Blas, St Joe Bay and Mexico Beach out! Great spots with virtually no one around, you can find flat water on just about any wind and good waves on a west swell.