FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-18-2009, 02:08 PM

Default New Cable Park in Brandon/Tampa Area!!!!

Ok dont get mad I did a search and if this has been brought up before I am sorry.. I know I love going to the cable park and hated driving all the way down I4 to Orlando.. Well that has changed this year as there is a Brand new cable park at Mccormick's Ski School in seffner well pretty much right outside of Brandon.

2020 McCormick Lakes Way Seffner, FL 33584

here is their website http://www.skimccormick.com/cable.html prices are just about the Same as Orlando's cable park..

Again sorry if this has already posted somewhere as I have not been on this forum in a really long time and I did use the search feature and did not see anything under cable park or mccormick for this

Hope this helps out the Tampa Riders, I Love watching the kiters on the water and wish I could get into the sport. I've been to the kitehouse to practice and I understand how you can't wait to get back on the water but just can not find the time with my two boys..

I have no affiliation with this ski school and to be honest I have only been there one time along time ago to watch a Wakeboard thing.. I just drove past this past weekend as I keep hearing they have a cable park and sure enough saw it with my own eyes from the car...
Old 03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Finnian03

i hit up the cable about twice a week, it's so legit. the people who run it are mad friendly as are the riders. it's smaller than orlando though with not as many jumps or rails, but the line is usually minimal to nonexistent if you go on the right days and it is a bit cheaper. great thing to do when there's no wind!

talz if you're looking to get into kiting in the future this is a great start. definitly will help with board riding abilities, all you need is a kite
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM

McCormicks is the bomb #1 cable in FL and deffinitly starting to get noticed by the big boys, sick park set up and real stoked on the local kite community somebody recently sabotaged the cable though and sent second tower into the lake, very expensive and dangerous act of vandalism they're offering two lifetime passes to whoever has info on the incident
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 PM

I'm pissed about this, Right in my own backyard too. I just built a cable board and havn't been able to use it cuZ of this BS. I can't imageine why someone would do that, Unless its a competitor(won't mention names) that has seen a sharp decline in their busness since mccormicks opened.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 PM

So are you all using your kiteboards or wakeboards/wakeskates. I am looking to go up there in the next couple of weeks to practice board skills, but would like to use my kiteboard for familiarity. I wasn't sure if wake bindings were a requirement. It looks cool. I've never been, so I'm hoping I don't look like a total idiot. Oh wait doesn't matter, it'll be like my kiting
Old 03-21-2009, 02:30 PM

bindings are cool there, everythings cool there, everyone is real chill and nice and helpfull. dont worry about looking like an idiot it\'s all good
Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Finnian03

agreed. i usually ride my wakeboard but i've also messed around with my kiteboard. it's not an uncommon thing to see either.