FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2009, 04:37 PM

Default Moving to Corpus Christi

Local kiter friends,
It's been great riding with and getting to know so many of you all over the years. It's been interesting to watch the kiting scene here grow from a handful of riders to too many to keep track of. The time has come now for me to say goodbye. I'll be moving next week to Corpus Christi, TX.

For those of you who know me well and would like more details, here's a few:

As many of you know, I'm now married and have a beautiful daughter, who will be two in August.

My wife was all set to be open an insurance agency Office here in Florida over a year ago. Since then, there's been some issues with the company she works for, one of the large insurer's, and the state of Florida. In order for her to continue her plans, we've decided to move to another state. She's been working at this for years and will be a third generation agent.

If we were going to move, might as well go to where it's windy right? Wind all year round there.

This move will be a good opportunity for me to get out of the office environment and start my own businesses, doing some of the things I've been doing on the side as hobbies and part time work for a long time. I've been teaching myself to airbrush and pinstripe over the past few years and applying those skills for another hobby of mine, motorcycles. I also recently finished an electric motorcycle project, http://www.evalbum.com/2005, maybe some of what I've learned can be applied in my future work as well. Our new house has a big detached garage, so who knows... maybe that fine arts degree will come of some use after all. I'll probably continue to give some wakeboarding and kiteboarding lessons too.

The move is going to be quite a journey, we're taking 2 dogs, 2 horses and 4 cats with us! Our daughter will be flying out with my mom right after we arrive.
With both of our families still being here, we'll definitely be back visiting, so don't be too surprised if you run into me somewhere or see me out on the beach or water when it's windy.

Sincerely,
Adam

Last edited by A-Bomb; 07-10-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling