FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-28-2006, 06:17 AM

Default Ernesto

Hi, looks like Ernesto will bring you southeasterly winds in the next days,
suppose you are heading to bluehill, wish I could join you..
some pics or vid would be appreciated.
enjoy and be safe....shumann no jumping on the road!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM

So far (9.21pm) so good but I was not able to sneak out for a quick ride today. I don't know if the others made it out on time. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 20-25k but I have a feeling that Ernesto is going to bring a lot of rain and not so much wind

Other than Erneste we have been watching the weather forecasts for the last 3 weeks....not a single ridable day in the last 3 weeks...and the thing is....that my swing it's not improving :lol: :lol: :lol:

we'll keep you posted.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:29 PM

Roger, I wish I had some wind today to get enough air to get
even close to the road,You better come down
in the winter I really miss riding with ya buddy. Metteo, you didn’t miss a GOD DAMN thing
today was shit,12-14(mostly 12) was sooo disappointed
haven’t rode in 3 weeks and had to ride in that shit.
I also think the storm is going to bring a lot of rain,T+omorrow
I have to work, but if it’s good I’ll probably go riding instead
AJ and I might hit the lake, that place looks 10 times better than
Blue hill.I can’t wait for the winter, this summer is, CRAP!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:38 PM

I don't know about you guys but today I don't think anybody could have squeezed a little ride today in between those black clouds !!

I agree with Shuman, Summer sux, full stop !!

I'm still kinda hopeful for tomorrow....we'll see.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 PM

:x I'm still pissed and cussin about how today turned out, i should of gone to work today, it was a waste of time and money today, rain after rain. Ernesto needs to hurry along it's way. I'll be even more pissed if tomorrow turns :x
out good for riding, i get off at 4pm and that ain't enough time to get home,get my gear and find a ride to the spot. :x I hope to God this winter makes up for such a crappy year of kiteboarding.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:09 PM

All that noise for a misery session at Coral Harbour by myself. The wind was crap and not more than 15k, choppy as hell in high tide too. I had enough of this summer....
Old 08-30-2006, 06:36 PM

Why even kite at the stupid, crappy. Far as hell, rocky, place, Carol harbour
Is shit, pardon my Spanish, but that place is crap for riding.
Ernesto was a big disappointment for real and this summer I can not
wait to leave. This winter just have to make up cause I’m starting to
freak out, big time!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 08-31-2006, 01:25 AM

guys relax!!! sorry to hear ernesto sucked but you still live in paradise and can look forward to a great windy season with nice beaches just 5 min. drive from home. You don't know how good you got it until you leave the island. Here you have to drive at least an hour to the nearest allowed lake, most lakes are banned for kiteing, and there is almost never wind, the water is freezing, no waves, when there is wind it is gusty as hell and launching landing not on some white sandy beach but right next to trees and rocks and mud. So I have been looking for other hobbies but can't stop wanting to kite surf. We might have to move countries again....

Be patient and enjoy your beautiful island in the mean time....wind is coming soon !!
c-ya
Old 08-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresdawind??
guys relax!!! sorry to hear ernesto sucked but you still live in paradise and can look forward to a great windy season with nice beaches just 5 min. drive from home. You don't know how good you got it until you leave the island. Here you have to drive at least an hour to the nearest allowed lake, most lakes are banned for kiteing, and there is almost never wind, the water is freezing, no waves, when there is wind it is gusty as hell and launching landing not on some white sandy beach but right next to trees and rocks and mud. So I have been looking for other hobbies but can't stop wanting to kite surf. We might have to move countries again....

Be patient and enjoy your beautiful island in the mean time....wind is coming soon !!
c-ya
Excellent points. We all need to appreciate what we have wherever that might be. The summer sucks here most years if we accept that with the odd exception, we should be good.

I was talking to a long time rider out of Utah last month. He has been dealing with inland kiting most of his riding career with frequent business trips around the western USA. He was telling me that he favors snow kiteboarding more than water kiteboarding these days. That surprised me but then again, I have yet to try the snow version despite carting gear out to the mountains as early as 1999. I know some of the same factors you mentioned in the warmer months in the alpine lakes still apply in the winter. Still, there are some lower lying areas with less wind shadow that might work. I understand that they had a snow kiteboarding contest in Norway last year, with a turnout of 100's of riders. Winter has a lot to offer kiting. Have you looked into snow kiteboarding much yet?

Hang in there, Switzerland is an incredible country.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 PM

You guys are right !! I tend to forget how good we have it. I kited in few places outside the Bahamas and except for the fact that are new places there is nothing like home. Maui was nice but gusty as hell, Como Lake and Garda Lake (Italy) are basically banned except for a tiny little shore where if you have more than 2 kites launching at the same time it's a problem, Tarifa was good too but almost too windy, Cabarete is super busy and Silvaplana (Switzerland) is bloody cold !!! Maybe now I'm beeing difficult but we need to understand that we live in a pretty nice place.....

I don't know what I'm going to do that day that I will have to leave.... :cry: :cry: :cry: