FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-29-2007, 07:20 AM

Since you are talking about boards here, Scott, thanks a million for the SuperPhatty. I had been riding Harry's with my 10M Era on those 9kt days when it is supposed to pick up to 20kts, only to be stuck with light wind. Nice to finally have that board for myself!!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Skyway Scott

Sure. Glad you like it. I have no need for a board that size now (I have a Glide for sub-12). That's a great light wind board for a lighter rider.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Can't Re-member

believe it or not, I think the regular Phatty is a truly awesome board as well. Goes upwind even better and maybe planes up almost as quick.

we have both boards but lilL's is more fun
Old 12-29-2007, 08:17 AM

Tom,
I'm pretty sure they are 139cm / 40cm.
I bet shinn/nobile iz not az stoked az the rest of us.
l8r
Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 AM

anytime something new hits the market whether it be a sport, a fad, a tool or even a drug, the quality and price are usually very high. almost to the point of being unreachable by the majority. What this does is bring out the loyal die hard fans who don't mind spending big bucks in pursuit of their passion and creates a solid base of customers for the manufacturers to work off of. after a few years the price and quality comes down to a more reasonable level when enough mainstream people have expressed an interest in it and when all the onlookers who said it was too expensive to join in can start buying stuff and get involved. than after a while the road forks with there being a big difference between good quality / high price and low price and poor quality. for me , I'm glad the price has started to drop and i love my Spark.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:06 PM

i agree with the jimmy lewis boards, they are really nice, ive ridden allens blue/white one many times and the only reason i turned it down when he said he'd sell it to me is because i ride flat water 95% of the time and i think his board is one of the best all around boards, not flat water specific though...
to each his own...

i think we are coming to the days when you'll no longer be able to say that a specific kite stinks, they are all good, but suit different riding styles......
Old 12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Tom Stock

While the Jimmy Lewis is not my thing (I don't care for old school wrapped rails and square tips), I thought it had a pretty good reputation but one google search sort of surprised me:

Quote:
DRE
the first sick custom board i rode was a Jimmy lewis. as soon as i jumped on it was was like this is the shit..so later down the line when i got sponsored and could afford to buy some boards i contacted him and ordered 2 boards. being a pretty well known pro i thought he woulda hooked me up with a bro deal.
since i would be promoting his shit... NOT Jimmy. he charged me $750 per board... anyways..
got the boards and they were pretty sick. but i broke the first one in the first sesshion and the next
one broke within the first week.. so i contacted jimmy and told him there must have been somethin wrong
with the boards and i wanted to work somethin out. he was like, well im sorry but the boards were fine and
YOU broke them because YOU landed too hard on them and that i wasnt his tester so i dont get boards replaced for free. so i was like fuk jimmy.. im over that guy. and thats when i started getting my boards made by Sean Ordonez.
At least with the $360 spark (or any best gear) you get a no questions asked 30 day refund for the board broken or not plus a one year warranty.

Can't really go wrong there.

Gawd I hope we get to ride tomorrow. I'm spending too much time on this stupid forum again!! ARGH
Old 12-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Skyway Scott

I posted while you did Tom. hey, I read the whole PHP book today (finished an hour ago) and understand maybe 20% of it.... I think that's pretty good, actually

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 12-30-2007 at 01:40 AM. Reason: a lot of blah blah about kites... who cares?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Tom Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
As far as Best, we still sell the kites. I tried them and wasn't that impressed. I personally am glad I don't have to teach on them. Clients spend alot of dough for lessons, and if the winds are marginal, which has been alot lately, we spend a great deal of their hour on getting the thing back up in the air. If I had to teach on Best kites all the time....well, I wouldn't teach. I would rather ride than spend my time trying to teach someone how to relaunch a kite. It is more interesting working on someone's riding skills and so on.
Pull one back line and wait 5-10 seconds. That's how you relaunch a waroo But if it's not enough to relaunch the kite it's not enough to do a lesson in my opinion because they aren't going to get up riding... ever...

See you guys at EB!!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:14 AM

Sorry to hijack this log but.....IT JUST HIT 17!!!!! I'm gone!