FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Talking

My quiver consists of a 15m Waroo Pro, which I mostly use all the time. It still has no dings or leaks to the bladder, and flies the same as the first day I bought through today.
Also have a 13m Waroo and a 9m Waroo. I'm going to be intersted in buying a 6-7m 08 kite. Probably best to wait and see what all the manufactures are coming out with next year. Already, the Naish Helix sigma shape looks intersting, as well as Bests new 08 Nemesis. If anyone demos new 08 kites, please leave a review.

-B
Old 08-03-2007, 08:18 PM
popeye

No plans here to own a 2008 kite until 2009. As far as I can tell buying the newest kite at retail means it costs you about $800 per year per kite (assuming you sell it at the end of the year at typical loss to upgrade) .

Wait a year, and buy that $1600 kite (after they work out any quality issues) like new for $500. That's always been my strategy So I'll be buying up 07's in January

The most I ever spent on a single kite was $800... my first kite. After that they cost me under $450 each, all brand new, but last year's model.

Has my riding suffered by not being on the newest kite? I don't think so... plus I get a well tested kite instead the first run (which often have quality control issues .. this includes most brands except flexi I think.. although some newer brands have been ok).

But hey that doesn't mean I won't want to demo all of those new kites because I will be wanting them in 09!!

Namely, the new Royal, Eclipse, and best Nemesis. Maybe the REV but I am not expecting much there. I don't expect many changes in the waroos this year so they are not on the top of my list for new kites...

Last edited by popeye; 08-03-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:15 PM

food for thought..

all the guys that you respect.. local riders that you look up to that inspire you on a daily basis.. all the insane sick moves you have seen on your dvd collection.. every picture of every kiteboarder in your pile of magazines ... are all done by riders on kites that you can buy from most any retailer right now...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 08-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Skyway Scott

All those same guys were doing stuff 3 years ago on C kites that most of us can't even do in our dreams, and truth be told, probably never will.
If you're saying you don't think there is a magic kite in the pipeline for 2008 that is worth 1700 bucks, I totally agree.