FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Southwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Talking First Time! No lessons. Advise? Feedback?

I started with a parafoil kite 1.5 M, lol. Studied videos on YouTube and bought Progression DVD. Studied about a month. A month later, I picked up a kite. 12M Liquid Force Session. I weigh 150 lbs. The past few days, Ive been reading some posts on this Forum. Getting education any way I can. ISo I watched the wind forecast on surfline, saw Wednesday had enough wind, 12-13 Mph. and I wasnt scheduled to work. So my father and I headed to Venice beach hoping other kiters were there to advise us. As soon as we got there. We met Matt, putting away his gear. He was great and helped us set up correctly and start off with good pointers. After about an hour, I was having the kite pull me 10 ft this way, then 10 ft the other side of the window. Awesome itself. Had a great time, and a successful first session I believe. Next, Ill try body dragging! If anyone has any pointers and tips, or would like to get together to kite, that would be awesome and most appreciated. Thanks Matt!!

Last edited by ready4air; 04-19-2012 at 10:40 AM.