FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Exclamation Vandalism!!

Hey guys, this is to any local kiters in PCB who kite at the State Park. The local surfers have an issue with us kiting "at their beach," and a few have gone so far to vandalize our vehicles. The truly stupid ones have had the audacity to brag about their deeds and what they planned to do in the future. Yesterday, I became the latest victim of their vandalism. I had my driver side window cracked about 1.5 inches for ventilation, and when I came back to my truck after my afternoon session, someone had squirted an entire bottle of transmission fluid into the front of my car. It completely saturated my two front seats, center console, carpets, and everything in between. We can't say for certain it was the surfers who have been making the threats, but it just so happens that those two were at the park yesterday when I was there, and they had left about 30 minutes before I did. I had come to my truck around 5 to make a phone call, and at 6 when I got back to my truck, the damage had been done. Larz girlfriend's car got a busted window on Monday when at the park, and her car has kitesurfing stickers on it, and Rush's winnie has a big dent and scratch in the door that he acquired yesterday. Ed's windshield was waxed a month ago. This damage is escalating, and someone needs to be held accountable. I have made a police report, and fortunately all the repairs and replacement of parts won't cost me a dime, thanks to great insurance. I ask any and all of you guys, keep your vehicles locked and closed, park in the front row close to the concession building, and report ANY damage that is done to your vehicles when at the park. I am so thankful that the damage was done only to my car, and that it is merely an inconvenience. Really, I should be thanking this punk for the new seats and steam cleaned interior. My truck will be just like new!!! If anything ever happens, I have Officer Michelle Dupree's card and phone number. She will be the person to contact, as she has received several vandalism reports that have been blamed on the surfers. And please, don't sink to their level and try to handle this issue on your own. The park is considering banning all surfers from the park, and fortunately, we are the exception because we are not acting out in revenge!!! Let's keep it that way. What goes around, comes around!!! See you on the water soon!!! Linda
Old 05-30-2007, 12:07 PM

Dang, sorry to hear about your truck Linda! Glad you've got great insurance and it's as good as new but an act like that has to ratchet your A$$Kickometer up to about an 11! But like you said I guess it's best to let the law handle it and hope the punks pulling this crap get busted and banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRyder View Post
What goes around, comes around!!!
Let's hope Karma catches up to them and delivers a flying knee to the crotch!

On a brighter note, I've got some time off and will be headin' down there this weekend. Do ya happen to know what the wind's gonna be like? Or would Rush or Wayne have the skinny on the forecast yet? Thanks and take care.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:21 PM

Yeah, well at least I've already got the truck at the shop and a rental to get me through. I only have to pay $4.66/day for the rental, and nothing toward the damage. The damage estimate is well over $1,000, and the police officer said that if she can charge our suspect, he will get the bill and a felony!!! I'm not worried about it, I mean really, what can I do? It's kind of funny really, some grown adult acting like a highschool kid. Amazing how some people are so unevolved!!
Regarding the wind forecast, we have had wind pretty much every day, with yesterday going crazy 20-25 all afternoon. Some forecasts are showing wind all week and into the weekend. I really can't say for certain what will happen, but the potential looks decent. Just check out the Emeraldcoast site, weather.com, weatherunderground.com, ikitesurf.com, and about 100 others, and you still won't know for sure!!! Hope to see you this weekend!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM

Yeah Roy told me about that the other day, some people are just so lame. Good to see you are being the bigger person and taking the high road on this one...I hope that poser gets charged with the felony and has to pay for your repairs!!! Anyway, hope to see you soon, looks like I'll be the one having to make 6 hour drives soon...LOL Thanks a lot!!! (inside joke)

Toby