FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northeast Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-05-2011, 05:54 AM

hello N8...i haven't gotten out much lately myself because of the cold. you've probley seen me out as i'm the only foil kitesurfer in jax--peter lynn chargers. i went to the keys for new years where the water was warm I was the only foil there too. a couple of the local guys were foil curious as they only see them with tourist.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
TJR

I'm one of the locals you talked to! Thanks for the info on foils! I've always been interested in them but have only seen them on the web. The low end is most interesting to me... might help us in the summer when we get the light wind blues! Give a shout if you are headed back to the keys any time soon.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 AM

TJR, it was very nice talking with you. as always, i had a great time down there. you guys have a great spot for those winds...ditch those poles! haha and if that was you that gave me the directions to the Ace hardware, thanks a bunch! you saved my weekend.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:33 PM

hey,

i´m from vero beach, started kiteboarding 2 months ago
Old 04-11-2011, 09:53 AM

NE FL is the best spot to ride. New Smyrna Beach has the best down winders of FL. We run an 8 mile stretch from Hiles St. to Ponce Inlet. Being able to drive on the beach is the deal sealer! You can ride on the inside of the break and get flat water between the surf, within the break for surf style, or outside the break to avoid currents in lighter winds. Pretty much a mini skate park here, and also the best swell in the state according to surf line.

Also, at the end of your sessions, the local surfers will give you rides back up wind.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:07 AM

Default NE kiting

Hi,
well the last time I was there was summer, missed the nuking NEaster's
Summer is thermal afternoons wind
They said they carry a jetski on the thermals just in case the winds turn offshore so be careful if you are over on the Jetties side, stay closer in, also there's allot of current.everybody had some big kites out too!
I can see when the wind's good how that is a fun place to kite though, maybe next vacation will be wind friendly!
J