FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-15-2008, 08:17 AM

Default do not buy this kite

http://miami.craigslist.org/spo/535178104.html

Although I do not have the serial number of the kite and thus could not prove it in a court of law, I am pretty sure this is the kite Shannon left behind at Mattheson when we were all kiting there in November.

1) location of seller = Miami
2) kite Shannon lost - 2008 blue 10m Nemesis
3) kite bag shown a long with the kite is a SS bag ... because Shannon would have taken the Nem out of its real bag, pumped up the kite, then put the real bag back in his truck
4) Nemesis is not a c-kite, so why would it be flown on a c-kite bar. Also, our C-kite bar is not even on the market yet, nor is our regular 2008 bar ... this is a proto bar that Shannon was testing out for R&D ... not the final version. There were issues with this bar, and there have been many changes to it since then, and this bar was NEVER intended for use by the public. For that reason ALONE don't by it.

This is just wrong. Stuff happens ... boards get lost, kites get left on the beach ... but none of us would ever keep someone else's lost gear if we knew who it belonged to and could easily return it.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hope you get it back Stacey. Trying to flog a readily identifiable proto bar in stolen gear isn't real smart.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 01-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Skyway Scott

I hope this works out.
Stacey, you have PM with some ideas. :wink:
Old 01-15-2008, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the ideas and offer to help. Wish we'd thought about video taping it beforehand! ... would have been good for our video page, at least.

One of our employees has a lawyer in the family, who advised us that we did have a case (on account of the proto bar which is not on the market and that we can identify as ours), so we called up the guy, told him we had his number, and from that the police can get his address, and that if we didn't get the kite back within 24 hours, we'd press charges. He said the "guy" he was selling it for was out of the country so we'd have to go after that guy (likely story), but we told him he was selling stolen goods so we'd go after him too.

We got the kite back.

Turns out he's a real estate agent, not some poor guy in need of money and trying to feed a family or anything ... little guy about 120 lbs, name is Oscar, and according to him, he "kites" ... supposedly has a BFK, an old Waroo, and a Slingshot ... which reallly pisses me off, and I hope I see someone of that description riding those kites out on the water sometime, although I doubt I will.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Skyway Scott

Awesome! Glad it turned out.
What an ASSHOLE.

Way to go, Stacey.
I doubt that guy is a kiter.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Go gettem Stacey!

I would never buy a house from a guy named Oscar who wasn't at least 190!