FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Tampa Bay Standup Paddle Surfing (SUP)
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-20-2011, 09:54 AM

Default Space Ship Surfing

Check out http://www.watermonkeyshop.com for more blog posts and video!

Last week I made a 3 hour drive with a friend to get some waves on the east coast. Our first stop was Playa Linda on Cape Canaveral. I am proud to say that I am the last soul to have SUP surfed in front of the space shuttle Endeavor. This is the legend of the last cosmo SUP surfer and I'm sticking to it! Playa Linda closes a few days before any launch and we were able to squeeze in a session before it closed for the Endeavor's last lift-off early Monday morning.

As I was surfing I couldn't help but think of how cool it is to surf in front of a live space shuttle getting ready to launch into orbit only a few days later. I'm pretty sure there is nowhere else on this planet that this can be done. However, I would not doubt that somewhere on another planet an intelligent being is surfing star-dusted barreling waves on his surfing space ship. I'll be sure to share more of my intergalactic surf fantasy another time. For now, check out the video of my rocket fueled east coast surf trip!

Tags
stand up paddle, tampa bay, water monkey