FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Shout out!

This goes to Josh. Man you have really improved since last I saw you ride. You are absolutely tearing it up and well on your way to reaching your goals as a rider. Keep it up man, you make us all proud.

What an incredible day it was. Stayed all the way to sunset and was still able to ride a 9M. We need more of those.

Steve-O
Old 02-26-2007, 08:31 AM
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanleighty View Post
that there were not many new riders (or at least riders that were having troubles staying upwind) it really did not seem to be that crowded.
I didn't see anyone having trouble staying up wind but there were definitely a LOT of new riders. It was obvious because they would do strange things like turn around and tack right in front of you while you are in the air during a jump, or do half tacks back and forth in the jumping area or right near shore forcing you to turn back repeatedly and wait. Overall just a minor inconvenience of an otherwise great day.

Steady 25-30 from 11am to 4pm, perfect weather, no injuries, lots of stoke. I have a ton of video of you guys I will edit up tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks bayflite (at St. Pete Kitesurf) for letting me borrow the Cronic (board) all day... that board pops like mad and is fast as hell.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:12 AM

Just wanted to say thanks again to Toby for letting me demo the dimitri pro skywalker, awesome board and can't wait to pick one up! That thing carved upwind like no tomorrow. Perfect day at Eb, finally landed a few jumps. Albeit small ones but they still count damnit! Landing a jump was stevil-kinevil's goal for me to achieve by the end of the season when I was taking lessons. My buddy was onshore all day and at the high point counted 43 kites on the water!!!! INSANE! Hope I didn't get in anyone's way yesterday, don't think I did. I was the guy with the red DaKine impact vest and blue/red 9m Waroo (the only one I think..lol). Had fun out there with all you guys and look forward to more day like these! sean
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 PM

SON OF A B!+%&!!!.... So, it was as good as I expected. I was one of those poor saps that missed yesterday. It was killing me all day every time I looked outside.

The worst part about it was that it was due to a deep puncture wound to my heel that I got while screwing around in 8 knots on Saturday. This was about a half hour after I should've packed up and gone home.

Oh, well.... I got some things done that I needed to do. Glad everyone had fun.

Boostin Bob, you still have a bag or two, from that downwinder last Sun., in the back of my truck. And I still owe you $10 for the Undertow lunch.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Awesome

Yup it was awesome day! Got out there at like 8 and did some light wind riding on my BA RRD Hypertype, then pumped up the smaller kite at 11 and rode for the rest of the day. Landed my first 360 on Sunday! Wooo Hoo! Got greedy and try to do a 720, and accidentally did a kite loop while spinning! MAN BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!! I hit the water so hard! LOL

It was a great day! Thanks Steve-O for letting me fly that 9 meter monkey kite. I doubted it, but I will have to say it was really nice! Fast, awesome boosting, and made a really cool humming noise when you dived the kite aggressively! LOL

RS
Old 02-26-2007, 03:59 PM

Thumbs up

Yep, a great day had by all. Yesterday is the kind of day we all ride for. Plenty of stoke and comaraderie, lots of high fives and smiles everywhere. Another thing to note, NOT ONE serious kitemare for all of those kites on the water, lots of mutual respect and courteousness out there!!!

Also, props go out to Bayflite for getting me that killer new board! Now I have both the Mako 150 and the Mako Pro 134! If you are looking for Best, Ocean Rodeo, Peter Lynn products, PM him or talk to him for the local hookup on the beach. Great honest guy and will give you a very good price on those brands!

Amber and Roy got a TON of pictures from Saturday and Sunday at East Beach, thank you for spending all that time on the beach to get some great shots while the rest of us got to ride!!! And to add to all that, Amber was JONESING because of her recent addition to being a local kiteboarder!!! Yep, she is up and riding!!! Props to her too for getting up and riding in light wind on Saturday!

Overall a great weekend, thanks to everyone in this community for making our area such a great one for kiteboarding!!! The people are what makes the St. Pete/Tampa/Sarasota kiting community what it is!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:13 PM

roy.. secret to landing the 720 is when to pull the front hand to ensure you have the proper momentum to come out of it. i hit it about one out of every three.. i tend to not pull enough for fear of unintentionally looping the kite (been there.. done that)... so i either hit it or come out of it without power.

keep hands tight together on bar, lift and spin.. keep bar completely still through the first rotation.... and as soon as you are completely 1 rotation around and still spinning strong begin to pull the forward hand and just think and look for your downwind landing..

i hit a few soooo damn smooth yesterday and its just a great feeling...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 02-26-2007, 06:34 PM

BryanL,
Thanks for the lesson yesterday...I almost landed the role but kept crashing the kite.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Yup

Yeah I was trying to do that, but got mixed up and started to pull the back and there goes the kite loop and me hitting the water like a hammer! LOL I need to take off my backhand next time i try!

RS
Old 02-26-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
This goes to Josh. Man you have really improved since last I saw you ride. You are absolutely tearing it up and well on your way to reaching your goals as a rider. Keep it up man, you make us all proud.

What an incredible day it was. Stayed all the way to sunset and was still able to ride a 9M. We need more of those.

Steve-O
thanks bro.

i just go out every time and push myself.