FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

View Poll Results: Where would you rather prefer kitesurfing?
Crandon 3 100.00%
matheson park 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2005, 09:11 PM
ruffridah89

Default Poll for kitesurfer in miami!

hey everyone
Prefer crandon or matheson for own security, space and preference?
Old 02-28-2005, 09:11 PM
ruffridah89

Default Poll for kitesurfer in miami!

hey everyone
Prefer crandon or matheson for own security, space and preference?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

As usual, folks are falling over themselves to participate. Now that we have a minority of opinions, what does our vote signify?

People could have ridden at Crandon indefinitely with few restrictions. Sadly, they chose otherwise through their actions.

If people aren't aware of it, Matheson and Crandon are managed by the same public authority and the managers stay in regular communication. This communication extends to kiteboarding.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

As usual, folks are falling over themselves to participate. Now that we have a minority of opinions, what does our vote signify?

People could have ridden at Crandon indefinitely with few restrictions. Sadly, they chose otherwise through their actions.

If people aren't aware of it, Matheson and Crandon are managed by the same public authority and the managers stay in regular communication. This communication extends to kiteboarding.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
ruffridah89

Default reply

Rick,
Absolutely rigt about that. What's your pick?
Danny 8)
Old 03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
ruffridah89

Default reply

Rick,
Danny 8)
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiar2000
Rick,
Danny 8)
I am not in Miami often but I answered Crandon Park. The guys at Matheson have done a good job of being proactive in trying to manage kiteboarding there for sometime.

A tremendous advantage that Matheson has is the absence of swimming beaches in the bay or near the riding area unlike Crandon. This automatically reduces some of the pressure. Still the odd negative report over the years out of Crandon and more critically serious accidents at Matheson bumps the pressure on access up. If we can launch and land well away from shore particularly in onshore winds (N to E practically) and be particularly careful in stronger conditions, we should be able to reduce the accident toll somewhat. The same could be said about Hobie Beach as well as far as staying well away from shore. No news in this however, if people care to ride free and at will they will take care of their access, if not, Matheson could follow the direction of Crandon. This would not be good news to anyone.

Anyway, fingers crossed on no additional threats to access at any of the Miami launches.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiar2000
Rick,
Danny 8)
I am not in Miami often but I answered Crandon Park. The guys at Matheson have done a good job of being proactive in trying to manage kiteboarding there for sometime.

A tremendous advantage that Matheson has is the absence of swimming beaches in the bay or near the riding area unlike Crandon. This automatically reduces some of the pressure. Still the odd negative report over the years out of Crandon and more critically serious accidents at Matheson bumps the pressure on access up. If we can launch and land well away from shore particularly in onshore winds (N to E practically) and be particularly careful in stronger conditions, we should be able to reduce the accident toll somewhat. The same could be said about Hobie Beach as well as far as staying well away from shore. No news in this however, if people care to ride free and at will they will take care of their access, if not, Matheson could follow the direction of Crandon. This would not be good news to anyone.

Anyway, fingers crossed on no additional threats to access at any of the Miami launches.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-11-2005, 04:05 PM
ruffridah89

Default right with you

Rick,
Im absolutely wit u. THere has been accidents in matheson, but i recently spoke to one guy there and said the accidents were caused by dumb stupid mistakes. One guy went out when it was 25 knts and gusts of 30 + knts!!!!! To top it all off, onshore winds and close to the shore. I feel reel sorry for the guy. Read about him and his incindents. Bless that guy and family.......But i dont know. see more people at crandon less at matheson, But matheson got real smart regulations.(both have, in fact)
I wish this sport would be safe for me and others that are about to get into. Obviously this sport is getting out of hand due to the fact of these incidents occuring. What the manufacters should do is try to invent the most secure feature or pruduct that'll make this sport reliable and fun!!! Hey im just a teen, this is my own view. But I think safety is crucial. Thanx for the feedback. Keep in touch
Danny 8)
Old 03-11-2005, 04:05 PM
ruffridah89

Default right with you

Rick,
Im absolutely wit u. THere has been accidents in matheson, but i recently spoke to one guy there and said the accidents were caused by dumb stupid mistakes. One guy went out when it was 25 knts and gusts of 30 + knts!!!!! To top it all off, onshore winds and close to the shore. I feel reel sorry for the guy. Read about him and his incindents. Bless that guy and family.......But i dont know. see more people at crandon less at matheson, But matheson got real smart regulations.(both have, in fact)
I wish this sport would be safe for me and others that are about to get into. Obviously this sport is getting out of hand due to the fact of these incidents occuring. What the manufacters should do is try to invent the most secure feature or pruduct that'll make this sport reliable and fun!!! Hey im just a teen, this is my own view. But I think safety is crucial. Thanx for the feedback. Keep in touch
Danny 8)