FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-24-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Accident, from Palm Beach Daily News

Kiteboarding accident sends PBer to hospital

Thursday, December 23, 2004

A Palm Beach resident out kiteboarding Wednesday morning along the ocean just north of Reef Road slammed onto the beach in 20-mph east winds.

Palm Beach Fire-Rescue took the 43-year-old man to Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Palm Beach. The extent of any injuries was unknown.

Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Ray Wigfall was nearby when two children on a skateboard and one on foot rushed up to ask him for help at about 11:30 a.m.

"They said a guy just landed from a parachute," Wigfall said. He drove to the scene, saw the wind kite and victim, and called Palm Beach emergency dispatch. Nearby was a 10-meter Naish kite.

Palm Beach Fire-Rescue carried the victim across the beach on a backboard for transport to the hospital.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Accident, from Palm Beach Daily News

A Palm Beach resident out kiteboarding Wednesday morning along the ocean just north of Reef Road slammed onto the beach in 20-mph east winds.

Palm Beach Fire-Rescue took the 43-year-old man to Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Palm Beach. The extent of any injuries was unknown.

Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Ray Wigfall was nearby when two children on a skateboard and one on foot rushed up to ask him for help at about 11:30 a.m.

"They said a guy just landed from a parachute," Wigfall said. He drove to the scene, saw the wind kite and victim, and called Palm Beach emergency dispatch. Nearby was a 10-meter Naish kite.

Palm Beach Fire-Rescue carried the victim across the beach on a backboard for transport to the hospital.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: from Palm Beach Daily News

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytsrf

Thanks for posting the article. I heard about this accident yesterday but was unable to find it in the Palm Beach Post. I didn't think about the Daily. Could someone scan in the article and send it along via email to flkitesurfer@hotmail.com? I understand that there was a photo as well.

I understand the man is recovering in hospital and is conscious and apparently in fairly good spirits. Just one more thing to be thankful for this holiday season. He did suffer some serious injuries requiring some extended procedures in hospital.

Take care out there folks and Happy Holidays!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: from Palm Beach Daily News

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytsrf

Thanks for posting the article. I heard about this accident yesterday but was unable to find it in the Palm Beach Post. I didn't think about the Daily. Could someone scan in the article and send it along via email to flkitesurfer@hotmail.com? I understand that there was a photo as well.

I understand the man is recovering in hospital and is conscious and apparently in fairly good spirits. Just one more thing to be thankful for this holiday season. He did suffer some serious injuries requiring some extended procedures in hospital.

Take care out there folks and Happy Holidays!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi